09 November 2008

amanda's post

windows media player is currently belting out celine dion's my heart will go on.
i secretly like that cheesy song do not know why i have the titanic soundtrack.
anyway, made me reflect, yet again.

the year's coming to an end.

2008 has been one of the best years of my life.
i think i've grown a lot more.

i found amanda's resurected blog and this was her post which expressed really everything i felt(minus the planetshakers bit)

one of the better posts i have read:

i think the earth is revolving way too fast
everything's like *whack* *whack *whack*
and it's term 4 already

ohmygosh
i dont know what i should be feeling

im quite excited
because i am going home in about a month
and it will be sunny singapore for 2 whole months
im happy because i can be with my family
plus visit the familiar places again
& of course eat proper food that i miss so much!
im also glad that i can finally see my friends again
but im kinda afraid of that fact too
i wonder if everything was like before i left
i wonder if they'll still be the same
i hope nothing much had changed
i hope i will not feel too awkward
im kinda scared, you know :(

but on the other hand,
im really really really upset
i dont want to leave Australia
i dont want to leave this crazy place i came to know
and lived for for 10 whole months
it really amazes me
how i gained so much within this short period of time
and how there were so many opportunities to grow and know more abt myself
how in like the next moment
i can be given the opportunity to perform infront of 10 000 ppl
best of all, beside PCK and crew
i think it was the best 10 months of my life ever
i never imagined coming to this alien place by myself
doing my own laundry, getting the groceries, managing my money
besides that, i got to experience so much too
true joy, love, hurt, sadness, anger..

i dont want all these to end

i know im coming back nxt yr and all
but it's gonna be different
its just not trinity college, albert house and planetshakers anymore
its just not the same
i cant believe 2008 passed just like that
it feels like a great big dream

i really want to thank australia

thank you for blessing me with such great ppl in the hostel
especially the fruits! you know who you are :D
thank you for all the crazy fun times tgt
thank you for being yourselves
thank you for always being there
thank you for the late night outs
& i know i cannot thank you enough
to show my gratitude and love! really
I LOVE YOU! every stupid single one of you
i will never ever forget
promise me all 60 of us will meet up again ok :)

thank you for school
im sorry but i just have to say it rocks so much more than jc
because we have subjects like drama, lit and hoi
(i actually enjoy hamlet and nationalism ok! ok ignore me)
and they are nothing like GP (haha!) im sorry :P

this week's our last wk of school
and today we had our last drama class
and we were all being so emo. it made danny sad too
im gonna miss you danny
and every single one of you teachers
& school mates too! you guys are lovely ppl

thank you trinity
for giving me so many opportunities to express myself
thank you for giving me the opportunity to sing in front of everybody on stage twice
it was really a great milestone for me & i couldnt have wished for more
because in spore everyone seems to be saying the glass was breaking (HAH)
i really enjoyed them all

thank you planet shakers!
thank you for GREAT pastors (ie ps russell, sam and matt!)
& of course, my darling urbs
you guys were always smiley and happy xD
our cell grp's like the bomb!
i hope you guys forgive me for not always turning up k
so sorry
but you know, you all are always in my heart
and i know that i am always in your prayers
although nxt yr i may not go back there
I WILL MISS YOU ALL OK!
you, you, you & you

im actually crying thru the post
hey all these are sincerely from the deepest downest part of my heart ok!
:)

i want to start all over again
at the beginning
where it was like oh hi! i am amanda from singapore
oh wow, you are from _____
so what's your name?
oh that's a nice name!
(well maybe not the last part but, yah u get me right ;D)

but i know
its just not possible
i guess i just got to trust
trust in whatever the Lord has in store for me nxt yr
and continue believing that He will continue to bless me
after seeing how 2008 filled the first big phase of my life
im confident about how the nxt few yrs wil pass
& continue to impact me, shape me & amaze me
bit by bit.. one step at a time.

No comments: