08 March 2008

3rd post for the day

i was going around tagging people when i realised i entered different names for each tagboard, all variations of melissa... i shall make another list:

WHAT PEOPLE CALL ME:
melissa lim- if its the first day of school and the teacher's marking attendance
ms lim- if i'm in trouble with my dad
MELISSA- if i'm in trouble with my mum
mello- by most of my cousins and maddy
mel- by most friends
meliss- by manda
messa- by my aunt, my mum, generally people special to me
M1- by my dad, because i'm the first M among my sisters, and also by relatives that cannot remember our names. coincidentally, i use M1 as my mobile phone service provider
madelissa- this is a product of my mum's wonderful memory, its a mixture of the 3 of our names, melissa madeline and marianne. generally, all three of us respond to it.
madeline- by my mum, she's called me by my sister's name a few times...
small mel- by the gb seniors and jia en
mel mel- by certain people
me- by me
my chinese name- by my chinese teachers and my aunt

there's also the utterly random ones like:
tutu bogs- by marianne
ah bu- by kat
EH- by most people

i guess i miss being called madelissa or even madeline... even though mum can't remember, it still reminds you that you are part of a family that will always be there for you...

and, i wonder why i've never been called tall mel...

1 comment:

Manda :D said...

My dear melly

you forgot one name! it's MELLY and the only person who uses it(I think) is your Dearest and bestest and greatest cousin....AMANDA!!!!!
:D