02 February 2009

cny and other things on my mind

i just realised i totally forgot to blog about cny 09

so, here goes:

i wasn't too excited about cny this year, for some odd reason.
i mean it was good to see my mum's side of the family, kinda rare, since i see my dad's side every single sunday for dinner.
reunion dinner food was damn good.
lohei, cold crab & suckling pig.
god. its good. cold crab <3
that was with my dad's side. like cny eve dinner. anyway, my sisters played with sparklers and stuff. i got bored and read a book. somehow, somewhere, sparklers lost their magical-ness. or maybe i lost my fascination with it.
its a pain in the arse, growing up. i wish i still retained that childlike wonder.

next morning went back to dad's side, greeted relatives whom i don't know.
and all that.
collected angpaos.
explained my education status to them
basically, small talk.
it was so clear that i'd rather be playing with my new ipod[its purple! nano! total <3] and they'd rather be sleeping/eating/doing something that's at least interesting.

went to my mum's side for dinner
totally love them.like the 9 jamers and the 2nd cousins and my uncles who are barely 10 years older than me [one was on his honeymoon]
gambled with uncle gerald. lost $10 playing tai di. [not me, all of us 9 jamers]
that was so fun.
took a photo with my fav. grandaunt mary.
as well as a lot of people.
got new additions to the family this year.

collected a few more ang paos the next day and that kind of sums it up.
:D

anyway, on a side note, i've been working on my family tree for 3 years now and some parts i still haven't sorted out. but i have a lot of grandaunties and uncles so yeah.
it'll have to be put on hold until i get back again

i have no idea what i'm doing
i shifted from an environment i've been in for practically my whole life [mg 10 years, gb 9 years, chinese tuition 12 years, started when i was in K1, singapore 16 years]
then i shifted from melbourne, where i was just getting comfortable.
to manly. and i can safely say i dislike this place.

i'm one of the few south east asians around here.
i feel so out of place.
there's like 60% aussies and 10% americans
and the majority of the minority are like swedish, norway, uk people.
God, help me.

No comments: