02 June 2010

day 4, term 5.

i am determined to have my cake and eat it too.

day 4 in sydney, 198 days till the end of the academic year so that i can go home

got everything settled in. still require a hole puncher, a mechanical pencil, a small sink filter/drainer thingy and a hand towel. the room looks REALLY BARE without the stuffs i usually bring like my 2 posters, pooh and the stationery box. i managed to bring all my stuff in with 1 23.8 kg luggage, and 2 hand carries. AMAZING RIGHT. my room has a sink which i am grateful for and will attempt to wear contact lenses. yeowch.

melody and grace messaged me today and the guys called yesterday. i argued over the phone with ryan about how Catholics are classed under Christianity along with protestants. ITS LIKE CATHOLICS ARE A SUBSET OF CHRISTIANITY. GO READ WIKIPEDIA. OR THE BIBLE. OR SOMETHING. i’m pretty sure i’m right. anyway, its really expensive to debate over phone of theological matters. but its ok cause he never finishes his credit anyway. ahh. the arguing makes me feel like i’m back at elgin.

as for the smses from grace and melody, it didn’t make my blood pressure rocket but it also did make me feel like i’m missed. which is a very nice feeling :D

as for school life, i signed up to be the liason between the asian students association and the singaporean population here which is a grand total of 4. but there are events to be planned so :D may the force be with me(and my butchered mandarin)

goals for this term? my marks will be 75 or higher. and a gpa of 3.5. eat more fruits and be more consistent in studying. i think that’s about it. OH AND WORK LIKE SHIT. ok :D

met up with kristy, sean, denise & kevin here. sean gave a tour of uni of sydney and its FREAKIN BIG. like sprawling. twice the size of melb uni. and its so pretty :D i’ll definitely go back to take more nice shots of the quadrangle which is modelled after oxford and cambridge and its the oldest part of it. and the grass inside the quad is GREEN. its as green as artificial grass. its so nice. but the grass is off limits.

i’m trying to find the little happy things in sydney. its difficult. in melbourne, it just flows in abundance. so i’ll have to adjust and learn.

which brings me to the ‘thoughtful, deep and meaningful’ shit.

one of the most important and valuable lessons i learnt was how to be alone. sounds weird? i always had a group of friends in mg(sec school) to eat with, play with and stuff. but sec 2 came and there was nobody to fall back on. i had to slowly learn to go downstairs for recess and sit by myself and eat. and not to feel isolated just because i wasn’t good friends with anyone in my class. it isn’t easy. to have the roaring laughter and chatter surround you and you’re by yourself and you have to not feel down about that. but its very easy to sneak food to somewhere quiet and eat there in the peaceful silence. but to me, that’s the easy way out and you’ll never learn. its easy to be alone when its quiet.

so i will try to reach out more. to people, to my books, to God.

No comments: