02 June 2010

surprise

so basically, bill managed to delay me and distract me until we reached elgin street after eating dinner and going to borders to read. he tried turning the key but it was stuck (a common occurence) then asked me to try. when i opened the door, there was total darkness except for a light shinning in my face and everyone (15 of them) started singing happy birthday

 

=.="

even though they were singing happy birthday and it was a farewell thing, i was still very touched. only at that point in time did it strike me that i was going to leave all these wonderful people behind. and that knowledge was the 3rd worst feeling i had. i alternated between laughing and crying. there was supper that melody and chermaine had made (kaii helped- i know she’ll insist i put this in). and the barley with ginko nut and fu chok was so nice and melody’s famous jelly was there. and jeff had boiled chrysanthemum with rock sugar cause i had a sore throat. >.< i’m using a lot of my not usual emoticons here cause i was really damn touched.

there were 2 highpoints during the supper that i felt, well, like crying and laughing.

reading through the scrapbook and reading all the messages. and looking at my retarded photos.

jeff was looking for cups and all were dirty. so he took a cup and washed it in the sink and scooped directly from the chrysanthemum pot with the cup. then he handed it to me. i was shocked beyond words. its not that jeff is an unkind person or something. he fries indomie(yum) for us when we request it for lunch and he downloaded house m.d. for me. its just that he doesn’t show much emotion. and when he handed me that cup of chrysanthemum tea that he boiled and the cup that he washed, it made me want to cry. so i pretended to fake cry and he did the same and we both ended up laughing so much.

thank you: xian, hua & donk(who didn’t make it) for the messages. to debs, amy, grace, lin, kendrick and wai hoe, thanks for coming. to melody, chermaine and kaii, thanks for planning this and ensuring that i didn’t get suspicious and for cooking and making the scrapbook and decorating the place. thanks to ryan, jeff, chen, jia yang for the loan of elgin 270. thanks to bill for keeping me distracted.

thanks to everyone for making my wish of having a last meal&gathering come true.  :D

No comments: