07 June 2008

my command of chinese.[which i will admit is rather poor]

i went to the bubble tea shop at union house [its called bubble cup, never fails to remind me of one of the members of the powerpuff girls] and bought greenappleiceblendedwithfruitjellyplease despite it being winter. anyway, you know the plastic sheet they use to seal the cup with? there's always some decorations on it right? this one had a chinese riddle on it:

一座大桥在造得真高真美丽,可是没人能到,那座是什么桥?

i was happy to find i could still read it, and understand it. :) even though i was severely pissed off with most of my chinese school teachers throughout my years of painful torture of learning my mother tongue [my mum studied malay for her second language and my dad is an acs boy. what can i say? how am i supposed to learn chinese? no that its their fault but if you don't speak the language, you're bound to not be fluent in it...], i'm actually ok with the language.

if you don't know the answer to the riddle its a rainbow. as in 天桥/彩虹? i figured that out! haha. anyway, i'm enjoying life without chinese. learning it that is. the malaysians and the honkies speak cantonese, so, *sigh* i can't escape chinese. the singaporeans/ the ones who have studied in singapore all declare that i cannot speak chinese. just because i can't speak it fluently, doesn't mean i don't know the language right? when i asked daddy to help me put a language toolbar in my taskbbar cause i needed to type chinese, he was like you can type chinese meh? IDIOTA. bill you hear me?! IDIOTA.

the 2 voices in my head have something to say[as usual]:

hey! we don't always say something. i mean we've been quiet until fairly recently...
yeah... anyway, melissa cannot speak chinese!

OI!

yeah, you don't. really
remember when the teacher called you to read from the ke ben? you had to refer to the hanyupinyin for every other word!

No comments: